The Great American Read: Day 84 Moby-Dick! or The Whale

🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳

This book needs more whales!<----sarcasm  Moby-Dick by Herman Melville, a book I read for more than one English Lit. class in college, was not my favorite book.  Not sure if this is even fiction because the majority of what I remember about it was actually learning about different whales.  It certainly wasn't what I expected.  I, apparently, mentioned reading this book around my kids a few times and they seemed to think it was my "favorite" book- far from it.  Plus I think I have the dirty mind of a 7th grader- sperm, dick, erect, Pequod- would often set me giggling.  At one point I actually thought the book was just all symbolic- "white whale" represents the perfect homosexual partner and "Captain Ahab" the guy trying to figure out if he needed to kill, conquest, or just accept his own or other's sexuality.  I don't know- I think I was just trying to make this book more interesting because overall this book is just- meh.  Almost wondering if I should reread someday- almost. 

Library Copy
πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany