The Great American Read: Day 87 Invisible Man

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison not to be confused with THE Invisible Man by H.G. Wells (emphasis mine) is a book about a man who says he is invisible.  Okay, it is a lot more than that- it has to do with race and bigotry and of the 10 pages I read the author is mastering the English language.  I heard that for summer homework a student in my husband's youth group read this book so it can't be too complicated.  My copy is a used copy and has a lot of complicated notes in the front that I first thought were artfully written words for creative reasons.  Any way, I am rambling unlike this book, which is written marvelously. 













The song "What Did I Do to Be so Black and Blue" is mentioned within the first 10 pages and hear it is for your listening pleasure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........