The Great American Read: Day 89 The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is one of the 4 books on the list in the 900 page range.  It is about the middles ages, lust, romance, bloodlines, and building a cathedral.  If this book wasn't so long I might be able to read it for my Popsugar Challenge prompt "a book from a celebrity book club" because this book was on Oprah's Book Club list back in 2007, I believe.  Here is a clip of Oprah and the book.  I feel sorry for the employees who have to lug these huge books to give to the audience members- haha!  


And just out of curiosity I had to find out if there had been a movie or tv series based on this book- and wouldn't you know it there has been.  Surprise, surprise to me Eddie Redmayne aka Newt Scamander is in it.


The book sounds interesting.  It almost sounds like a more historically based Game of Thrones.  There were a lot of mixed reviews on Goodreads but now I think I know what to expect when I pick this book up again in the future just not sure how far in the future that will be.

Library copy


Ken Follett



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........