The Great American Read: Day 95 Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyers (that is a weird way to spell STEPHANIE) is a book I thought I would NEVER read.  Not only am I not really into supernatural beings (vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc) but I am even less into supernatural "love/stalker" stories.  Just out of curiosity I tried to watch the movie- because I thought I MIGHT read the book if it had more of a plot then "plain Jane falls for sparkly butt vampire plus random werewolves" but no, there wasn't really any other plot!  There isn't a mystery.  There isn't much of a struggle except- "I want to bite you, but I totally love you"- gag me with a fork!!  The only reason I want to read it now is so that I can legitimate make fun of it and check it off the list.  THIS is the Twilight for me.  

 
When I watched the movie, I was constantly saying, "Did they just say those things?  Did those words just come out of their mouths?!?!"  The dialogue is cringe worthy so I can't imagine reading it will be much better. 






I included my neighbor's house in this picture because this is her favorite book.  I don't really understand what is so appealing about these books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........