The Great American Read: Day 96 Wuthering Heights

I wanted to save one of my favorites for near the last- not just because it always comes last on the list in alphabetical order- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.  I can totally understand why people would hate this book.  The characters are intensely insane and horrible.  This is the only book I personally love but know completely how awful Catherine and Heathcliff are as human beings.  I read this book for English my senior year.  I have not reread it for fear of loosing the spark this book lit in me.  This book was so elegantly dark and twisted.  I had heard nothing quite like it ever since even though there has to be more Gothic literature like it.  This one holds a special place for me as a book I was emotionally invested with and loved to listen to my teacher talk about.  I think it was the writing style and descriptive passages that drew me in as well as the movie version.


When I knew the whole series of Harry Potter was being turned into more movies I KNEW based on this movie that Ralph Fiennes HAD to play Lord Voldemort.  This extremely fierce, intense passionate skills of this actor are so extraordinary and absolutely meant to be channeled into that of the Dark Lord.  I don't know if I would recommend the book Wuthering Heights to many people.  It is such an acquired taste but I did vote for it at least twice and I am looking forward to rereading it again some day.

My copy- the cover is a picture of the tortured Heathcliff on the moors #VOTEWuthering


Above is a recently discovered song based on the book- it is a little odd fyi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........