Exhausting

Last weekend was the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon.  I stayed up for about 21 hours before I crashed.  It took almost the whole week to recover from it all.  I was able to finish three books during the Readathon but the rest of the week I haven't read much at all.

Still making my way through this series, on to #7


"Awesome! Wow!" This turned my world upside down.  Can't stop listening to the soundtrack!



Spooky, fun reread



Nevertheless it was a very bookish week because guess what?  The Great American Read Finale was on Tuesday.  I literally cried I was so happy people were coming together because- BOOKS!  The number one book ended up being To Kill a Mockingbird.  I was not disappointed as the only thing I really wanted was for the winning book to be by an American author.  If the program had been call The Great Read I wouldn't have thought too seriously about how I would love the #1 book to be by an American.

Any way, even though I didn't read much of the rest of the week I was re-inspired by The Great American Read to join TWO online book clubs based off the list- one on Facebook and one on Goodreads.  I don't really know my ability to participate but it is much better than pending statuses in the official Great American Read Book Club and repetitive questions.  It has already been very stimulating and super fun.   

Facebook GAR November Read:

Well that is easy as I have just re-listened to this last month- $5 audio book tapes for the win!


Goodreads GAR November Read:

I will try to read a few pages a day but I don't think this fulfills any Popsugar prompts


 This week I have been slowly reading Hands Free Mama and Peach Cobbler Murder.  Both very light reads and for the Popsugar Challenge prompts "a book about a problem facing society" and "a book with a fruit or vegetable in the title".   Hopefully this Saturday will be a less super focused but still full of reading. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........