Library Summer Reading

I love going to the library.  I don't think that was a secret or anything I just needed you to know.  I especially love the summer reading programs for ALL ages.  Since last year I took on that huge project for The Great American Read and did a fair amount of reading (12 books) but didn't put a conscious effort into participating in the library programs.  Oh, sure I put my tickets in every time I read a book but I didn't go to any events and my kids barely read at all.  I would like to change that this year.  I am going to take lots of picture, of course, and see if I can read 20 books by the end of summer.  I am basically going to have to read a book every 2 or 3 days.  The theme this year is A Universe of Stories- I believe it is in honor of the 50 year anniversary of the moon landing.  So there is a lot of planet and space type stuff around our library.  They even put up a summer reading photo type both.



I have finished 2 books for my Bingo sheet- "Read a nonfiction book" and "Read a book based on a movie"






Both these books were audio books and I thought they were good.  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has made curious about the movie because I think the visuals would be fun.  The characters weren't as likeable as I thought they could have been but entertaining overall   American Moonshot was mostly about JFK and race to the moon.  It was a little too political and anticlimactic but it was quick listen and informative.

Our library is also doing a little extra thing where you can search for orbs on the library grounds outside.  The week dad and sisters were gone on a missions trip we searched for 3 days and Lucy found 2!





I have a HUGE stack waiting for me so I better get going.  But I will show you what I have in the works.  It will be a fun mystery and challenge to see what I can get finished!  I am also hoping to update you on what my kiddos are up to but that is for another post.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........