Reading but in the most electic way possible...

We have ONE MORE WEEK OF SCHOOL!  At this point my reading is suffering largely in part of keeping the kids motivated to finish this last week.  Getting to bed and waking up on time has been a real struggle.  I haven't had time to put holds on books and have suddenly taken full advantage of my Kindle and the Library2Go and the app Libby.  I still prefer holding a real book but this will have to do for now.  I have been mostly reading kids books but those totally count.  I haven't kept to any one particular schedule.

This is what I have been up to.....

I reread and partially listened to The Hunger Games Triology by Suzanne Collins.  I loosely put it in my challenge prompts "a book with an item of clothing or accessory on the cover" because of the Mockingjay Pin and someone said I could put Catching Fire as a "cli-fi book" so I did.  Whether it counts or not would be up for debate but that is where it is going because I am too far behind.






Lucy and I have been reading through the Owl Diary series which is absolutely the cutest thing ever and perfect for her reading level.  There is also a little owl named Lucy so those are always the parts she reads.





I read 5 books in the 1st grade level just to myself.  None of them were super special.  It was fun to see how many little kids books I could read in an hour or two.









I FINALLY finished The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead.  That book was so boring.  I don't when I will talk myself up to actually reading it because I was mostly listening to it but my mind wander so bad that I don't know if I was paying any attention.





Lucy and I also read a book together called Our Tree Named Steve which was a really sweet nostalgic type book about a family and the tree they eventually had to cut down.





On May 25th it was Towel Day since I have read The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy many times it was time to try the second book in the series The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams.  It was fairly delightful and quick read.  It had some great quotes I wish I had written down.





Lastly, I finished listening to The Zookeeper's Wife and picked up the movie at the library.  This was written kinda dry for something that sounded so fascinating- a family that hid Jews in their zoo during World War II.  I was listening to it while I was doing chores, doing my paint by number, and sometimes while I was cross stitching.  I am excited to watch the movie.


Although this wasn't a book I did want to plug in that I was finally able to find the time to watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  This was one of the most eclectic couple of reading weeks EVER but this whole year is going to be like that I think.  Plus it has been a looooooong time since I have been able to write and I had a lot to update.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........