The Great American Read: Day 78 Outlander

I didn't exactly spend time reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon so much as watch the first episode on Starz this morning.  I have read so many mixed reviews on this so I am happy to finally have my own opinion of at least one episode of the show and then I will read the book a little later.  Some of the mixed reviews have been that these books have sex scenes as steamy or even as intense as that of Fifty Shades of Grey so why is Outlander not being bashed.  I have seen many women in my Popsugar Goodreads book club reading them and loving them.  Well I can at least gather that this is some pure fantasy.  I don't know much about Diana Gabaldon but she has tapped into the wish fulfillment of quite a few women.  It is kinda like Game of Thrones for women where the fantasy is more time travel based rather than pretend world building.  These are some pretty long books and I did manage to find my own copy at a used bookstore so I have plenty of time to read/watch this later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........