April Reads

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon came and went.  I didn't update here because I was updating on Instagram which is new for me since that wasn't really the plan but since I have an actual smart phone now it just kinda happened that way.  I didn't get much reading done any way, but that is fine.  But now I have the next Readathon Date- October 26th and I am going to plan to NOT be teaching Sunday school and maybe find a way to get away...maybe? that might just be a dream for now.  At the very least I can plan to not worry about Sunday school.

Any way my reading schedule is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!  It is time to reign it in.  Time to scratch all the "plans" and focus on ONE book at a time.  Okay okay maybe two because...audio books.  I need to get stuff done but I need to read too.  I am torn as to where to focus my reading energy.  I did buy a Reading Planner to help get me focused and get off the computer and hopefully to inspire me.  Not that I was doing a great job this year but I think I will be posting every other week.  This is me trying to make goals, slow down, and focus.  FOCUS is the the word for the rest of the year.  Right now I am not initially hopeful but I think once Easter is over and my personal paper work is done I can relax and center myself.
 
But I did finish a couple books and I didn't start anything new yet- so PROGRESS!  With the help of audio books from Overdrive/Library2Go I finished To All the Boys I've Loved Before.  For the Readathon I was mostly reading The Mark and I finally finished it this week.  Could two books be any different?  Actually believe it or not it does have at least 2 things in common- 1. They are both very juvenile and super easy to read- nothing very complicated & 2. The both have Asian or at least half Asian characters in them.  




Well now my reading list is down to 8 books.  Hopefully I find a way to give myself time to really focus. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........