The Great American Read: Day 14 The Da Vinci Code

"Everyone loves a conspiracy."  Yes, I am part of that everyone.  I really do love conspiracies, secret societies, ghost stories, mysterious disappearances, and haunted houses...all that stuff.  I use to have a big series of Raintree books from the 1970s that dealt with all of those things.  I have searched in vain for a picture of these books and the closest I have come is this blog that only has the pictures of the creature books.  Still those books made a big impression on me.  I think about them whenever I want to think about leaving it all behind to go on a crazy adventure to discovery what is the secret of the Bermuda Triangle...and get famous....but honestly it is just a bunch of fun thoughts of a different life that I don't have.  No worries- I still just read about them and stay safe at home. 

All that to say I have been reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  It is fun stuff.  It is a little cheesy writing wise but I am totally enjoying the ride.  This book came out while I was in college and I remember a strange debate about what it meant for Christianity and people were believing some weird stuff.  I don't really remember the whole deal, but I watched the movie and I enjoyed it.  I think it is fun.  Maybe I am too simplistic and easily entertained. 






I finally had an excellent reading day at the library.  I read for almost 3 hours straight.  Now I am on the edge of my seat from the suspense because I kinda forgot the plot from the movie.  I hope I don't end up trying to read all night because that will make tomorrow really tough. 





Also I took a picture of The Great American Read display at my local library.  It would be fun to go to a couple more displays in my area. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........