The Great American Read: Day 83 The Hunt for Red October

So I was going "cheat" again and try to watch the movie before the book, The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy.  But it was pretty late when I started the movie and all I kept doing was- "Oh! Look it is a really young Alec Baldwin!  What?  Be more funny, Jack!"  "Oh!  It is Darth Vader's voice- James Earl Jones!"  "Look! It's the beard guy from First Knight and The Rock.-Sean Connery!"  "Is that the Jurassic Park guy?  I need to look that up on IMDB!- It is!"  "Tim Curry!?! The Home Alone 2 guy?  How did I not know he was in this?"  "One of the Mama Mia dads is in this!"  Yeah, it went on like that for a good 20 minutes and I could not pay any attention.  One time, a long time ago, in high school my boyfriend. at the time, invited me to his house.  His mom was watching The Hunt for Red October.  He said it was her favorite movie.  We watched it for all of 5 min. before I was bored to tears.  Ever since then whenever I see or hear about The Hunt for Red October I think- SO BORING!  A submarine, Russians, technical jargon, people talking with no passion, just ugh....so dull.  I don't know when I am going to get over this.  It still seemed pretty boring trying to watch it except that it is so old now that it was fun looking at younger versions of the actors.  This movie would have come out when I was 8 so there was no way I would have found it any more interesting at that age.  I am going to have to audiobook this one if it is even going to get a chance of me starting it.
Library Copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........